While the ultimate responsibility for planning and completing an academic program in compliance with university, college, and departmental requirements rests with the student, advisors are here to help you.
Your academic advisor will:
- Help you choose a major
- Help you learn about degree programs and graduation requirements
- Help you select, add, and drop courses
- Monitor your academic progress
- Provide you with important information, answer questions, and complete any necessary paperwork
- Help you understand NMSU policies, procedures, and deadlines
- Connect you to resources that promote success in and out of the classroom
In some programs/departments you will have a Staff Advisor and in others you will have a Faculty Advisor. In either case, you should be in close contact with your advisor so you can progress easily through your program.
Advisors are also here if you should run into any issues with your classes. Don’t wait until it is too late to seek assistance from an advisor or your instructors if you are struggling with your classes. We can provide you with options and direct you to additional campus resources. We’re all here to help you!
Last, but not least, be sure to check your NMSU email frequently, we’ll be sending you lots of important information!
The rest of this site contains links, forms, and other information that should make the journey to your degree a little easier.