The Academic Advising Council’s (AAC) mission is to support the advising process by setting guidelines and developing recommendations on advising policies across the university system.
- Develop an advising vision and mission for NMSU
- Develop advising policies, processes and procedures to provide standards and consistency
- Assist with professional development for new and continuing advisors
- Assist with assessment of academic advising
- Assist with recognition of excellence in advising
- Communicate advising issues with colleges and student success units
- Assist with technology implementation for improved service to students
The Council meets the 2nd Monday of every month at 3pm (location to be determined). Any interested parties are invited to attend, but voting rights are limited.
(click to open document)
Amended and approved December 14, 2015
Jennifer Hodges, Chair
Elizabeth Franzoy, Vice Chair
Annette Flores, Secretary
Academic Advisor Workgroup
Jeff Hackney, Chair
An informal gathering to exchange information with each other. The group frequently brings in other campus partners to present new information and time for Q&A. All are invited to attend. The group meets the 1st Thursday of every month in O’Donnell Hall room 300 from 3:30 to 5:00.
For more information about the AAC and it’s activities, contact Letty Gallegos – 575-646-2537.